Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cakes falling in the middle Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cakes falling in the middle

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

learnin_to_bake 03-30-2006 @ 5:30 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
If anyone can help me by telling me how to NOT make my cakes fall in the middle when I bake them, that would be much appreciated! Thanks.

~Angie

sadie 04-02-2006 @ 5:47 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Angie, are you referring to cake layers baked in 8 or 9-inch round pans, or cakes baked in 9X13-inch pans?

learnin_to_bake 04-02-2006 @ 8:01 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
The cake I'm trying to make is a single layer cake in a 9X13 pan.

sadie 04-10-2006 @ 4:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Are you testing your cake for doneness in the centre before taking it out of the oven?  Sometimes a 9X13 inch cake starts to brown around the edges but the centre still isn't quite done.  It'll sink a bit in the middle on cooling if this is the case.  Wilton sells a product called Bake Even Strips that help a cake bake evenly.  The strips come in different sizes.  I've used them and they really work.  The ones I have came 2 to a package and fit around 9-inch layer pans.  I have to join the two strips together when I'm using my 9X13-inch pan.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts