Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Whipped Cream Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Whipped Cream

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

diana 07-31-2005 @ 11:29 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Kelly,

The instructions that Tracy gave you about whipping cream are right. Just follow her instructions and you should have lovely whipped cream. One other thing, make sure that you chill your mixing bowl and whisk for at least 20 minutes before you start to whip the cream. A chilled bowl and whisk is very important and also that your cream is very chilled in the fridge.

Good luck, and I'm sorry but I'm not able to put pictures of the process of whipping cream on my website right now.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

tracy 07-31-2005 @ 9:38 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Kelly,

Depend on what type/brand of whipping cream you are using. One type you have to defost from the freezer with a little bit ice to whip it and the other type you can whip it immediately after you take out from the chiller. Whip it with whisk hook. Whip at low speed for few minutes (till cream begins to thicken) then to medium speed (thick & custard like)slowing increase to high speed (cream starts to hold in shape till soft speaks to form and lastly become stiff). Approx takes 7 mins for the whole process. Hope my answer helps. Let me know after you have tried. Good luck.*** important note: make sure you use the right hook to whisk

warmest regards
tracy

warmest regards

Kelly 07-29-2005 @ 4:27 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana !

Im glad to know that your website with lots of recipes & baking techniques which I feel very useful and interesting.

I had attempted a few times to make whipped cream by using whipping cream which contains 35.1% of fat but it wasnt successful as the whipped cream became butter with milk water.  In the process of making whipped cream, I found no bubbles, soft peaks or cream becomes stiff.  I am sure that I have made some mistakes, please advise me.

As described in the Baking Tips  Baking Techniques, I cant image how does:

"     Cream begins to thicken;
"     Cream is thick and custard-like;
"     Cream starts to hold its shape;
"     Cream forms soft peaks when wire whip is removed; and
"     Cream becomes Stiff.

I would appreciate it if you could place some pictures on your website to enlighten me.

Thanks & regards,

Kelly

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts