Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Tiramisu Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Tiramisu

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

tracy 07-25-2005 @ 9:11 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi all,

My name is tracy and from malaysia. I just join this forum today. Came accross with the tiramisu recipe called tiramisu cup. With this recipe i need phyllo cup. What is phyllo cup and how can i subsitute phyllo cup if i cant find it in my country? thanks in advance

tracy Smile

diana 07-28-2005 @ 6:55 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Tracy,

Welcome to Diana's Desserts Website and Discussion Forum. I hope you enjoy my site.

As far as what are phyllo cups. They are premade little phyllo pastry cups that can be purchased in the frozen section of the supermarkets here in the United States. I don't know if you have them in the grocery stores or large supermarkets in Malaysia. If they sell phyllo sheets, you could make your own cups by shaping the sheets into cups.

I will try to find out if they can be purchased in Malaysia. There is a guest to my website from Malaysia and I will ask her if she knows and get back to you on this Discussion Forum, ok.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

tracy 07-28-2005 @ 7:06 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Diana,
Thanks for ur feedback. And hope to get an answer from the malaysian guess as soon as possible. In that case, Can i subsitute it with Pastry (to make pastry cup)

warmest regards
tracy

warmest regards

diana 07-31-2005 @ 8:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Tracy,

I heard from my friend in Malaysia and she said that phyllo cups are not available in Malaysia, but a few of the supermarkets carry phyllo sheets if you want to try and make the cups out of the sheets, or you can use your own pastry to make cups. I'm sure it will look and taste just as nice.

Good luck an please let me know if you make them and how they turned out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts