Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / recipe for Muah Chee Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: recipe for Muah Chee

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

elmomoo87 03-20-2004 @ 5:36 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi everybody,

there's a chinese snack called Muah Chee, which is basically made of glutinous rice n water. Does anybody know the recipe for tis snack? it's a kind of chewy, sticky confection being tossed in crushed peanuts. thanks very much!

Happy baking,
elmomooo

Irene 03-20-2004 @ 8:00 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hope this is the recipe you are looking for.

Irene

MUAH CHEE

Ingredients

(A)

340g glutinous rice flour

290ml to 310ml water

2 tbsp sugar

(B)

4 tbsp cooked groundnut oil or any cooking oil

Note: Cooked oil here mean to heat up the oil. Let it cool completely before use.

Groundnut mixture (mix together):

175g toasted peanuts, pounded

75g toasted sesame seeds

250g granulated sugar

Method

Mix (A) well to form a smooth and soft dough. Make into thin pancakes. Bring water to boil in a deep sauce pan. When water boils, gently drop the dough in one at a time. Wait until they float to the surface, then scoop out and transfer to a bowl. Mix in 4 tbsp cooked groundnut oil. Mix well to form a soft and slightly sticky dough.

Cut out Muah Chee pieces and coat with groundnut mixture

diana 03-20-2004 @ 8:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi elmomoo and Irene,

I have also found a recipe for Muah Chee. I have posted it on my website in My Recipe Book, under the International Desserts and Treats category.

Click on this link to bring you to the Muah Chee recipe:

Muah Chee
http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/dianas/recipeID/2089/Recipe.cfm

It sounds really good. I have a question though, does the shallot have to be used in the making of Muah Chee?

Take care and thank you for using my Discussion Forum.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

This message was edited by diana on 3-20-04 @ 8:50 AM

Irene 03-20-2004 @ 4:44 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
The using of the fried shallot is just for fragrant. It is optional.I like mine without it and what about you Elmomooo?

Irene

diana 03-20-2004 @ 5:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Irene,

Thank you for answering my question about the shallots in the Muah Chee. I thought that that was the reason for using it, for flavoring, but to be honest with you, I don't care for shallots, so I definitely would leave them out if I were making the Muah Chee myself.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

This message was edited by diana on 3-20-04 @ 5:09 PM

elmomoo87 03-22-2004 @ 6:43 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
hi, irene n diana,

thanks very much for providin me the recipes n both r the ones that i've been looking for, and it's a great help and a pleasure for me to use this forum! Like irene, i don't relly prefer my muah chee with shallot oil n it's too troublesome for the lazy me to prepare any way.... Playful   Ha... am going to try this weekend n hopes it turns out right! ( if not, i'll juz go to the parsa malam downstairs and buy a ready-made one to console myself.... Smile

oh, by the way, can anybody tell me how many teaspoon or tablespoon does one envelope of gelatine refers to? ( this ingredient is required in th " Decadent Chocolate Mousse" recipe in this website ) thank you very much!

happy baking,
elmomoo

This message was edited by elmomoo87 on 3-22-04 @ 6:56 AM

diana 03-22-2004 @ 9:53 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi elmomooo,

The amount of powdered gelatine that you will need for the Decadent Chocolate Mousse is 7 grams or 1/2 tablespoon or 1 1/2 teaspoons. This is the amount in each envelope.

Please let me know how it turned out, okay. I'ts one of my favorite recipes for Chocolate Mousse. Also, you can use regular unsweetened cocoa instead of Dutch Process cocoa in the Decadent Chocolate Mousse, if needed. The Dutch Process cocoa makes it a little bit darker in color, which I prefer.

Which recipe for Muah Chee are you going to try, the one Irene posted here on the Discussion Forum, or the one I put on my website under the International Desserts and Treats category? They both seem somewhat easy and are not too different.

Good Luck and please let me know how the Muah Chee AND the Decadent Chocolate Mousse were.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

elmomoo87 03-23-2004 @ 7:34 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana,

thanks for providing me the information. haa... i think i'm going to try both of the recipes and see which one suits my taste better :} I will certainly inform you of the end-results ( let's keep my fingers crossed ) Smile

happy baking,
elmomoo

Fruitcake 05-29-2004 @ 10:13 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
hey... i made my first muah chee.. It was rather wet...but it tasted great.. Thx for the recipe Smile

Bun

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts