Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / European measurements/turtles Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: European measurements/turtles

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Birmingham 12-03-2003 @ 6:11 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, I',m in Birmingham, England and saw your delicious recipes on the internet, but I'm a little confused.

In the UK we don't use cups as a unit of measurement, I use the old fashion measures pounds, stones and turtles.

1 turtle is about 112 millilitres - how many turtles are there in a cup?

I know this all sounds strange, thank you so much

diana 12-03-2003 @ 8:49 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Birmingham,

It's Diana from Diana's Desserts. Welcome to the Discussion Forum.

It's a small world. My husband is from Dudley, England. Right next door to Birmingham.

Well, to answer your question about how many "turtles" in a cup. The only answer I have for you is that 112 mL equal about 1/2 cup. So I guess (only an approximate) there would be almost 2 turtles to a cup or approximately 224 mL. Actually 237 mL equals 1 cup to be exact. Does this make any sense? I hope so.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

JOliver 12-04-2003 @ 8:24 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Diana,

Wow! What a pukka reply. I have had real problems using American recipies before because I have been unable to convert them into turtles but now I can cook up some wicked septic tucker.

Cheers,
Jamie

This message was edited by JOliver on 12-9-03 @ 1:27 AM

dr_who 12-08-2003 @ 9:10 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
mr oliver,

your enthusiasm is a credit to the yam cooking fraternity.

A* to you son,

the dr and k9

JOliver 12-10-2003 @ 4:40 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Cheers Dr and K9. I have lots of recipes that I would be happy to share with you guys, just ask if you're interested.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts