Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / cooking with yams Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: cooking with yams

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

dr_who 12-08-2003 @ 9:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
why thank you mr oliver,

with this recipie you are really spoiling us

yours

the dr

JOliver 12-04-2003 @ 8:33 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Here's my recipe for Alabama Candied Yams it's pukka. If your colleagues don't like this then find a another job and get some new ones.

1/4 c. apple vinegar
1/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. water
4 tbsp. butter
10 whole cloves
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4 med. yams, cooked and peeled

Mix all ingredients except yams; boil for 5 minutes. Slice yams in shallow buttered pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until liquid is bubbly and hot clear through. Bake in 350 degree oven. Serves about 6.

This message was edited by JOliver on 12-8-03 @ 5:26 AM

dr_who 12-03-2003 @ 5:42 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi all,

I have got seven or eight work collegues who are meeting up on saturday for a big sporting event.

Now, unfortunately, I am unable to make it on the day - but I know that the majority of them are all yam enthusiasts.  Therefore to make up for my absence I would like to prepare them all a yam-ilicious treat for next week.

The problem is that I dont know where to start.

Can anyone help out there?

The Dr and K9

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts