Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / KEEPING RAISENS FROM SINKING TO BOTTOM Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: KEEPING RAISENS FROM SINKING TO BOTTOM -- page: 1 2 3 4

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

JOANDAVIS 09-30-2008 @ 7:18 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
HI MY NAME IS JOAN AND I LOVE BAKING AND ACTUALLY HAD MY OWN COOKIE BAKERY FOR A FEW YEARS IN NEW JERSEY!SOLD MY OWN RECIPE THAT KEPT EVOLING INTO DIFFERENT PHASES FOR MANY YEARS--FINALLY CAME UP WITH A RECEIPE FOR A (SOFT CHUBBY GINGER AND CINNAMON FLAVORED COOKIES THAT HAD DIFFERENT VARIETIES FOR) SOME WITH CHIPS -SOME WITH A LOAD OF GREAT NESTLE CHOCOLATE SEMI-SWEET CHIPS AND ADDED BECAUSE MY 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER ASKED ME TO THROUGH SOME RAISENS AND WALNUTS IN-WELL THEY VERE S BIG HIT-SOLD TO ALL THE A&P'S IN NEW JERSEY AND ZAGARS AND BALDUCCI  IN NEW YORK CITY-SADLY MY PARTNERS WERE NOT WONDERFUL LIKE THE COOKIES SO I SHUT IT DOWN CHANGED THE LOCKS AND TOOK MYSELF AND MT DAUGHTER HOME TO FAIRFIELD,CT---STILL BAKE LOTS OF THINGS,BUT AT A MORE PEACEFUL,PLACE!!(MY OWN KITCHEN!)I HAVE A BIG QUESRION FOR ANYONE OUT THERE-I JUST BAKED-I FOUND IN DIANA'S DESSERTS MARCY GOLDMANS RECIPE FOR A MAJESTIC AND MOIST NEW YEARS HONEY CAKE--(******MY PROBLEM IS NOT THE CAKE -I'LL MAKE IT TIME AND TIME ,BUT I PUT IN RAISENS AT THEY END(I LIGHTLY FLOURED THEM)AND STIRRED THEM IN AND BAKED THE CAKE WHICK WAS MOUTHWATERING--BUT WHY DO THE RAISENS ALWAYS SINK TO THE BOTTOM?!IF YOU KNOW A TRICK TO GETTING THE RAISENS TO GO THROUGH AND THROUGH THECAKE?

JOAN DAVIS

snoboard 10-22-2008 @ 6:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Joan, I've been told, and tried W/success that to stop any food item from sinking(i.e. nuts & chocolate chips) shake them first in a bag with flour in it, thus dusting them entirely.

monicachackal 10-23-2008 @ 3:18 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Just take some of your flour from the recipe and mix a small amount with the raisins (till they are pasty if they are wet or soaked in something). This will stop them from sinking to the bottom 100%.

This message was edited by monicachackal on 10-23-08 @ 3:19 PM

clmatt 04-30-2012 @ 4:57 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Im usually open to all kinds of food, but I hate raisins :P or other dried fruit, thanks for the tip though, will take it into consideration when making something for others.

Jack102 03-01-2018 @ 1:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

peter333 07-17-2019 @ 11:03 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 07-17-2019 @ 11:03 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 08-27-2019 @ 3:59 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 08-27-2019 @ 4:00 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

audrawoodie4161 09-01-2019 @ 11:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts