Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / Wedding cake recipe suggestions,please! Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Wedding cake recipe suggestions,please!

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

goal4me 02-22-2006 @ 8:14 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi - Planning to make my daughters wedding cake.  Three seperate tiers on a stand with fondant icing (rooled).  Appreciate any suggestions for testy cake that holds up well and is moist and suggestions on the rolled fondant. Saw the fondant recipe on this web site...

Thanks,

Mary Jane

bestvnteas 02-24-2006 @ 12:30 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Mary Jane,

It's very admirable of you to make your daughter's wedding cake.  It is definitely not a small task.

Taste in cakes is very subjective as you know.  So I am not going to suggest that one cake is better than another.

However, I can suggest two sources that would give you very good information on quality of different types of cakes, wedding cake recipes and decoration.

They are textbooks that I am actually using in my baking and cake classes.

1.  On Baking - A Textbook of Baking and Pastry Fundamentals by Sarah R. Labensky with Eddy Van Damme, Priscilla Martel and Klaus Tenbergen
2.  The essential Guide to Cake Decoration published by Whitecap Books

In my area, I can find these books in a public library.  I imagine that they are also available in any bookstore.

Good Luck and Happy Baking,
bestvnteas at www.cookies-in-motion.com

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts