Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / cake mixes Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: cake mixes

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 6:45 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 6:44 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 4:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 08-26-2021 @ 1:59 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

natcat 02-28-2006 @ 8:12 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Smile   Good Day Gitte !!!
I am so happy to hear that all of you enjoyed the cake!! You know?? most desserts that are made from scratch, taste so much better. If a person is in a bind, & can't make a dessert from scratch, then do what you have to do. If we all try to plan ahead, & make our sweet goodies from scratch, please!!!
  I'm going to be making some banana-raisin-cinnamon bread, made with real butter: that's the only way I make it,; there are recipes that have oil instead of butter, & the butter along with the other ingredients are so good, especially when you cut off a big fat piece, lay it on a plate, put some butter on top of it, & warm it up, just slightly in the microwave, with a hot cup of coffee, GOOD!!!
   We don't get much snow over here in the california desert, just up in the mountains. yesterday, & a little today, it's been raining, which is good for our flowers & bushes, & my tomato plants. I hope you have a great day, Gitte Smile
Carol

Have A Sweet day!!
Carol

Gitte 02-28-2006 @ 3:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello again,
well well well, I did bake the cake according to your recipe and... that poor cake had a very short life...need I say more!!!  Thanks again, your recipe made it into my recipe collection!
Hearty hellos from a very white Germany
Gitte

Gitte

natcat 02-01-2006 @ 7:15 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Good Happy Morning Gitte!!
  I am so happy that I could find a Red Velvet Cake recipe for you, they are very good made from scratch, just like a lot of the other cakes that are made from scratch!! If you HAVE to make a cake from a mix, that's fine, however, there are a lot of extra indredients that we don't need.
I hope your birthday party is great, & if the cake is all eaten up, that's a good sign, it is good...hee..hee
Carol Smile

Have A Sweet day!!
Carol

Gitte 01-31-2006 @ 11:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello and good morning natcat,
thank you for the recipe - I will bake it on Monday...since I need to make a birthday cake for my college at work....and I want to make something special and unusual...so...your cake will be it...I shall inform you about the outcome...heeheehee
Thanks!!!    Gitte
Smile

Gitte

natcat 01-25-2006 @ 4:30 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello Gitte
Here is a recipe for a red velvet cake:
ingredients:
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp.   cocoa
1 tsp.   baking soda
2        eggs
1/2 c.   oil
2 oz.     red food coloring
1 c.      buttermilk
1 tsp.    vanilla
Preparation:
Place all the dry ingredients in bowl,set aside. Blend eggs with a fork. Add oil and blend again. Add this mixture to dry ingredients and mix with a wire whip until smooth. Add and blend buttermilk.Add food coloring mix well Pour equally into three greased and floured 8" cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.cool ten minutes and remove from pans.Frost cake when completely cooled.
Icing
Mix together until light and fluffy
1/2 stick  butter
8 oz.      cream cheese
1 LB.box   powdered sugar
1/2 tsp    vanilla
1 c.       chopped nuts

Have A Sweet day!!

Gitte 05-24-2005 @ 7:03 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello,
I am not big on cake mixes, however I have learned that the ones you can buy in America and Canada (I live in Germany) are good!!! And, of course, different from what I can buy here...as a fan of Red Velvet Cake I came accross Diana's quick and easy recipe that calls for "Yellow Cake Mix"  would anyone know what this mix contains or what I am looking for in a German made cake mix???

best regards, Gitte

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts