Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / Best butter Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Best butter

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

diana 02-18-2005 @ 10:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Shimul,

A brand of unsalted butter that I use and I highly recommend is called Plugrá. Churned in old world tradition, Plugrá has a touch more butterfat and less moisture, which makes it richer, creamier and more flavorful than traditional American butter. The world’s greatest chefs use Plugrá in place of ordinary butter. It comes in 8 ounce salted and unsalted packages, and also is available in 1 pound salted or unsalted packages.

Plugrá can be found at Whole Foods Stores, D'angostino's, Trader Joe's, Garden of Eden, Gristedes/Red Apple Co., Pricechopper, Pathmark, Kings Supermarkets, Grace's Gourmet Market, and many other stores in the New York City area.

Please let me know if you find it and how it works in your baking. I know you won't be disappointed.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Shimul 02-18-2005 @ 8:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana/all,

I wanted some advice on the best butter to use for baking. I bought some at a wholesale store (cannot remember the brand name) and am not too pleased with it. It gave a very odd flavor and fragrance to some things I made (esp the toffee sauce). I wanted to know if there was a good brand of unsalted butter to use for baking.

Thanks,
Shimul

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts