Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / Alkaline Water Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Alkaline Water -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Oppss 07-29-2004 @ 11:31 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Diana,

I am wondering what is Alkaline Water and where can I get it in United States?  Sometimes I see recipes call for "Alkaline Water" or "Potassium Carbonate" and I have no idea what is it..

Could you help on this?

Thank you very much.

diana 07-30-2004 @ 7:58 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Oppss,

Alkaline water, from what I've read, is water that has had alkaline added to it for health benefits. It seems unclear (and there also seems to be much debate on the subject) as to whether "alkaline added water" is really beneficial.

Here is a little information from a company that commercially makes and sells "artisan alkaline water":

Perfection begins with balancing your body's pH...naturally.

Bottled "artisan" waters are made with added alkaline that when consumed removes acid waste build-up in your body by naturally balancing your pH level.

Acid waste build-up is caused by bad diet (past or present), high protein/low carbohydrate consumption, drinking sodas, physical/mental stress...the list goes on.

When acid waste enters the bloodstream, our body deposits it throughout our body and in our organs so the blood can maintain a close to neutral pH level (7 on a scale of 1-14). Over the years the build-up begins to overburden our whole system. An acidic body suffers weight gain, high blood pressure, bone loss and other ailments and diseases associated with aging.

eVamor's (a brand of bottled Artisian Alkaline water) pH of 9 is 100 times more alkaline than neutral bottled water. It neutralizes and cleanses the body of acid and protects us against future acid build-up.

As far as "Potassium Carbonate", here is the defintion for it:

Potassium Carbonate

Potassium carbonate, chemical compound, K2CO3, white, crystalline, deliquescent substance that forms a strongly alkaline water solution. It is available commercially as a white, granular powder commonly called potash, or pearl ash. It was originally obtained from wood ashes or from the residue left in pots after certain plants, e.g., kelp, were burned in them. It is prepared commercially chiefly by electrolysis of potassium chloride to form potassium hydroxide, which is then carbonated (e.g., by adding carbon dioxide gas). It is used in the manufacture of soft soaps and glass, for washing wool, and in the production of other potassium compounds.

Potassium carbonate (also known as pearl ash or salts of tartar) is a white salt soluble in water which forms a strongly alkaline solution.

As far as recipes go, I really don't know much about either Alkaline Water or "Potassium Carbonate". I would suggest doing a search on the Internet about both of these things.

I am quite sure the "Alkaline Water" (or a machine that will make it) and also "Potassium Carbonate" can be purchased online in the USA, or at stores that specialize in these products.

Hope this information helps you out.

Note: Please remember that I do not recommend these products, but am just trying to answer your questions. It is best to ask your doctor or a health professional about whether there are benifits to using alkaline water or potassium carbonate.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

silkchef 10-30-2008 @ 2:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello,
The reason some recipes call for alkaline water is because alkaline water is generally micro clustered. Which means the water molecules are shrunk down from 12-15 to 4-6.  This helps emulsify and blend certain ingredients much better.  I use ionized alkaline water for many reasons. For one, it is great for your body and it also brings out the flavor in your food or beverages, especially coffee and tea..  There are several home water ionizers to choose from.  The unit I use is called the JUVELLE Rejuvenation Station.  Every home in the US should own some type alkaline water filtration system.  The benefits are astounding.  Happy cooking! Smile

SC

oceana 11-24-2008 @ 7:54 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Alkaline water or lye water is made by lixiviation of vegetable ashes.Ingredients:Water,Potassium Carbonate and Sodium Bi-Carbonate. It is usually added in a very small quantity to the making of kuih. Alkaline water improves the texture of the kuih by making it smooth and bouncy. Alkaline water is kan sui in Chinese.
I usually put about 1 tsp of Alkaline Water to make my bouncy beef balls, serve with noodle, homemade beef broth and fried shallot-cilantro on top. You can buy alkaline water in any Asian Store.I hope this information helps:)  

karensmith 01-11-2012 @ 2:31 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I bought alkaline water online from the Tyent USA Water Ionizers site. The alkaline water tastes good and helps in flushing out the toxins from our body and balances the acid-alkaline body pH. Alkaline Water also hydrates the skin to prevent premature aging. I felt more refreshed and energetic since I started drinking this alkaline water.

<a href="http://www.tyentusa.com">Water Ionizers</a>
<a href="http://www.alkalinewater.com/">Alkaline Water</a>

This message was edited by karensmith on 1-11-12 @ 2:33 AM

jpodell88 02-26-2012 @ 6:36 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Yes, I agreed. Alkaline water is good for our body.

http://www.alkalinewater-
singapore.com/

http://simplewaterfuel.alfwcw.
com --->>> Run your car on
water, Triple your mileage
and...

Gladysjames 02-13-2013 @ 4:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Alkaline water is a scam is that the stomach is always acid. If the acid is low your stomach simply pumps in more.The importance of drinking water is important to your body. But your body needs healthy solutions rather than water that could be given by alkaline water only. Maybe now is the time to change your water and transform your health.

Alkaline Water is Available in USA.Enrich Store Providing Alkaline Water all over the world.

Enrich Store

Enrich store sells wide collection of chanson water ionizer and water filers at affordable cost. Chanson water filters are designed to effectively reduce harmful contaminants without removing healthy minerals and other important properties from the water.

ac130 12-14-2014 @ 5:18 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Alkaline water made by adding minerals or chemicals to water to raise it's ph is a scam.  This gives no health benefit, it is like expecting soda to give you a health benefit because it's ph is acidic.  This is what you are doing when you add baking soda or other chemicals, you are just changing ph, which has no health benefit.  There is medical research on pubmed that demonstrates alkaline ionized water to be beneficial not because it has a higher ph, but because it has -ORP that acts as an antioxidant in the water, giving it the health benefit.  This is where companies trick people with higher ph water, when really they need alkaline ionized water.  You can read this detailed discussion of the difference between alkaline water and ionized water.

PatD2219 12-23-2014 @ 9:11 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I'm trying to post my own question but can't find
anywhere that I can do it. I just need to know how to
properly clean a Rosette Iron. My set is very old and
the rosettes stick to them badly

Pat

ReaderWoman 02-06-2016 @ 9:03 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts