Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / baker's ammonia Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: baker's ammonia -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 6:57 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 6:54 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 3:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 3:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 01-10-2022 @ 5:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Tina74 01-01-2022 @ 10:47 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

robertladisson 11-13-2021 @ 2:25 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

diana 12-16-2003 @ 11:00 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Zeny,

I forgot I have a recipe on my website that a friend of ours in Denmark submitted to my site for Vanillekranse, which are a Danish Christmas cookie. They may be the ones you are looking for.

Here is the recipe:

Danish Vanillekranse Christmas Cookies

Servings: Makes about 150 cookies

Comments:
These cookies are served in Danish homes at Christmas time. My Mother always made these for Christmas, she also made Danish Klejners, another Danish Christmas cookie.

These cookies can also be made in other Christmas shapes and decorated with icing, colored sugars, and candies.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds

Instructions:
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until dough is smooth. Put dough in a cookie press ( cut out cookies with wreath shaped cookie cutter, or any type christmas design cookie cutter) and place wreaths onto greased cookie sheets. (Vanilla cookie wreaths should be about 1 1/2-inch in diameter). Bake at 325 degrees F, or until very slightly browned.

Makes approximately 150 cookies.

Note: Vanillekranse cookies can be made in different shapes other than wreaths. Try candy cane shapes, Christmas bells, snowmen, or santas, etc.

Note:
Also, see recipe for Danish Klejner's (another Danish Christmas cookie recipe on this website in the "Guest Recipe Book", under the "Christmas category".....Diana, Diana's Desserts.

Source: Mother

Recipe Submitted By: John Holm

Date: November 5, 2002

Let me know if these sound like the kind of cookies you are talking about.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

zenyrizzataraka 12-14-2003 @ 4:55 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana,

If only you could share with me the recipe for the danish cookies that you mentioned were delicious, perhaps the one I have in mind after all is the same thing ..as they are both 'delicious'.

I'll be out for a vacation this week, and be back after the new year.  HAPPY NEW YEAR DIANA.

Zeny

Zeny Sta Teresa
Sales & Export Section
Intraca Tarakan

diana 12-13-2003 @ 9:33 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Zeny,

King Arthur Flour's website has some wonderful recipes, don't they? I just made a Braided Challah Bread the other night, and the recipe was from their website. The traditional Jewish braided egg bread turned out wonderful.

As far as the Danish cookies, I don't know the brand name Monde, but I do know the Danish Butter Cookies that come in the round tin. We have them here in the supermarkets and other food stores especailly during the holiday season. They are delicious. I am not quite familiar with the particular one you are speaking about; the yellow ring shapped cookies.

I think the secret to making a cookie crispy yet one that "melts in your mouth" is a combination of the mixing precedure and the ingredients. The ingredients should always be "first rate", the best quality buttter, eggs, sugar, etc., and taking the time to prepare the cookies, so they will turn out well.

Take care Zeny, and have a very happy holiday season.

Sincerely, Diana

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts