Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / Where to Buy Ovalett in USA Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Where to Buy Ovalett in USA -- page: 1 2 3 4

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

diana 12-01-2003 @ 12:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
I have just made contact with the company that distributes Ovalett in the USA.

If anyone is interested, here is the information on how to contact the company in the USA, and where you can purchase Ovalett in the USA.

You can purchase Ovalett Special at our Master Distributor in New Jersey, Eurosource Gourmet. You can reach them at (888) 857-6214.  If we can assist you in any other way, please contact us at (800) 799-2253.

I hope this helps all of you out that have been searching for Ovalett in the US.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

zenyrizzataraka 01-06-2005 @ 10:41 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Diana,
HAPPY NEW YEAR,
I know I can always count on you, so I am hoping you can give me the recipe for a FLAN using cream cheese which I had during a christmas dinner given by a friend. The flan was soo creamy and smooth. How do you make such so creamy and smooth a flan? Can I use krfats cheddar cheese in place of the cream cheese (cream cheese are quite rare here).
Again thank you, may you and your family have a healthy, wealthy and bountiful NEW YEAR.

Regards,

Zeny

Zeny Sta Teresa
Sales & Export Section
Intraca Tarakan

diana 01-07-2005 @ 11:34 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Zeny,

First of all, I wouldn't try to substitute the cream cheese with cheddar cheese. It just won't work.

I have 2 recipes for Cream Cheese Flan. Both are very good.

Here they are:

Cream Cheese Flan

This creamy and rich dessert is also cool and refreshing! When turned out onto a plate, it is automatically topped with its own caramel sauce, making it an impressive and delicious way to end a meal.

Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes.
Cook Time: approx. 1 Hour
Ready in: approx. 8 Hours
Makes 12 servings.

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).

2. Combine sugar and water in medium, heavy-duty saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high; boil, without stirring, for about 15 minutes or until caramel colored. Quickly pour over bottom and sides of 12 six-ounce custard cups (if syrup hardens, soften over low heat).

3. Place evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared custard cups. Arrange in one or two large baking pans; pour hot water in pan(s) to 1-inch depth.

4. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) on wire rack(s) for 20 minutes. Chill for several hours or overnight. Run knife around rims; gently shake to loosen. Invert onto serving dishes.

Makes 12 servings.

Cream Cheese Flan

Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 4 hr 20 min
Makes: 8 servings

2 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut up, softened
5 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Dash salt

Preheat oven to 350°F (180 C). Place 1 cup of the sugar in small heavy saucepan; cook on medium heat until sugar melts and turns deep golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Immediately pour into 9-inch round cake pan, tilting pan to distribute syrup evenly on bottom of pan. Set aside.

Place milk and cream cheese in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Add remaining 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt; cover. Blend just until smooth; pour into prepared cake pan. Place cake pan in large baking pan; add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up side of cake pan.

Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Carefully remove cake pan from water. Cool on wire rack.

Refrigerate several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, invert pan onto serving plate to unmold flan.

Makes 8 servings.

TIP
Low-fat Substitute
Prepare as directed, using Philadelphia Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese.

How To Unmold Flan
Bake and refrigerate flan as directed. Run metal knife around edge of flan. Invert onto plate; shake lightly to loosen. Gently twist to remove pan. To soften any remaining caramel in pan, dip bottom of pan in hot water; spoon caramel over flan.

Happy New Year to you and your family and please let me know if you made either of these flan recipes.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

jenni 02-10-2005 @ 6:35 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana
What is Ovalett and how do you use it? I've heard it makes great sponges. I saw it in a bake shop and am tampted to buy and try but I don't know in what proportions it has to be used. Any advice?
jenni

diana 02-10-2005 @ 7:24 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Jenni,

Ovalette is a stabiliser used in baking sponge cakes. It helps the eggs to rise rapidly and stiffly. As it is acidic it also helps the beaten eggs to remain stable and not lose the airy and voluminous texture. It makes sponge cake softer and smoother.

When I make a Pandan Chiffon cake, I use 1 tablespoon of ovalette. Actually I've never used it in making anything else, but it can be used (in the same quantity) and added to sponge or chiffon cake batter.

Hope this information helps you out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

lbamski 10-07-2008 @ 7:09 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana,
HELP! My husband and I have called every possible number we have been able to google and 411 to find Eurosource Gourmet and EVERY number we have found is a bad number.  Frown  

Here are some of the numbers we've tried:
888-957-6214, 973-227-2698, 973-857-6000 and there was a California number we tried that google led us to for Eurosource.  We keep striking out!

I am trying desperately to locate a source to order Ovalett from for my mother's birthday who is sooooooo difficult to buy for and we both owe her the world. Can u please help us make this happen?

Thank-you, Thank-you so much,

Lynne  
770-298-5602 | Cell
lbamski@gmail.com

vilimo 10-11-2008 @ 6:40 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Lynne, You can order ovalett from www.indosabo.com.  

lbamski 10-11-2008 @ 7:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello Villimo,

Thank-you so much for the info.  I appreciate it much and so nice that they are out of Colorado.

Thank-you again for your time and advice.  I now have this site in my favorites!  Wink

Lynne

Lynne  
770-298-5602 | Cell
lbamski@gmail.com

InspectorJon 11-19-2009 @ 2:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I just found this product at http://www.indonesianfoodmart.com
Search under Cake & Baking

edwardmorgan 08-26-2021 @ 2:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts