Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Types of Cakes Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Types of Cakes

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Fredsenra619 03-22-2012 @ 4:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Ice cakes and cream cakes is all i know..

This message was edited by diana on 3-24-12 @ 1:58 PM

ASellers 07-14-2011 @ 11:04 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have been looking at the book Ornamental Confectionery and Practical Assistant to The Art of Baking (1892).  It is available for free down load as a pdf file.  I find the recipes interesting.  The problem is that the types of cakes or how to bake/finish the cakes is not explained and there are no illustrations to the recipes. Does anyone know how to finish/bake or can explain what these cakes are.  The types in the book are: Drop Cakes, Wine Cakes, Lady Cakes, Lunch Cakes, Fancy Cakes, etc.   There are more.  I figure that a drop cake is simply dropping the batter onto a flat sheet pan from a spoon.  There is no wine in the Wine Cake recipes.
Thanks,
Armando

ASellers

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts