Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / How to achieve a "wet" texture cake????? Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: How to achieve a "wet" texture cake?????

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Ivymeil 09-05-2021 @ 6:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Emkay 03-29-2008 @ 12:34 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
The only cakes I can think of as being wet are classic chocolate molten cakes (also called chocolate lava cakes) and Tres Leches cakes (3 Milks Cake)... Chocolate lava cakes are partially baked so the centers aren't set. Tres Leches cakes are typically white butter cakes that are doused in a mixture of evaporated, condensed, and whole milk. Could it have been a genoise cake (sponge cake) that was brushed with simple syrup? HTH

jrpierce70 03-25-2008 @ 10:32 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you for that advice!  The person who made the cake will not give up the information, because this is her business.  I truly understand that too.

Peace & Love

nikki 03-25-2008 @ 9:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I hope this is not too late for a response but I have had cakes come out with a "wet" look and it seems that they are the ones that I have added "extras" to like more chocolate chips or used evaporated milk rather than regular milk (evaporated NOT sweetened condensed).  I have made the Mayonaise cake and that has a "wet" look.  If I recall the ones I have done that look like that are all bundt cakes- maybe I notice them because I don't frost them.
I think you should ask the person that made the cake.  I am sure they would be flattered.

"Grandma Ikki"

jrpierce70 03-16-2008 @ 2:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
This is my first time asking a question. Tonight, I tasted an excellent birthday cake. It was delicious. When I first looked at the cake, I noticed it had a wet appearance. Then I tasted the cake and noticed it was moist and definitely somewhat of "wet" texture. What causes this and do you have a recipe for this sort of cake. Thank you for your website. It is very insightful.

Peace & Love

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts