Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Irene 11-12-2008 @ 7:01 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Angel,
Sorry for the late reply. Rather busy lately. Well about the flavouring. Sorry to tell you I havn't try baking this cheesecake with chocolate flavour yet so I can't help you on that.

But maybe you can try this. Add a teaspoon of chocolate paste to the milk and don't add the lemon juice. Maybe this might work. Good Luck

Irene

This message was edited by Irene on 11-12-08 @ 7:02 PM

angelangsw 11-12-2008 @ 7:39 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Alright, i'm gg to try tt out again today! finished my chocolate version
alrdy haha..thanks so much..

Lydia 11-26-2008 @ 6:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I baked this cake few times (same recipe but from another site), it tasted great. The texture was light and soft.

My friends tried the same recipe and liked it, one of them baked marble (cheese & choc) version.

cheers,
Lydia Teh
My Kitchen

momoblues21 11-30-2008 @ 8:36 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene!

I'm a very new baker and just chanced upon Diana's Desserts. Anyway, before I embark on baking this lovely cheesecake, I wanted to ask if there are any possible substitutes to corn flour. This is because I don't bake extremely often, but corn flour comes in large quantities in the supermarkets here.

Yup so I'd like to avoid wastage as much as possible. Please help me with this! Thanks (:

- Cheryl

Irene 12-01-2008 @ 4:28 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Cheryl,
  NIce to know that you going to try this cake  Smile
Hope you like it as much as I do.

Sorry to tell you that I don't know any possible substitutes for corn flour.As far as I know corn flour gives baked goods a lighter texture.

There are many cheese cakes which do not used corn flour so I guess you can omit it in this cheese cake too. So give this recipe a try and see how you like it.

Happy Baking

Irene

LindaWong 02-12-2009 @ 11:13 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Irene,

Yesterday, I just tried to go to your website looking
for the Cotton Cheese Cake, and so your recipe appear
as Japanese Cotton Cheese Cake.  So I and my sister
tried baking it and it was so successful and look
fantastic just like the expertise make in bakery shop.
So she told me I must reply and comment to you for how
good is your recipe and it taste very nice as well as
it looks.  Her husband even gave us a pass for our
first attempt.

We even want to try on your other recipes next time
and I have even print out the recipe and photo-copies
to my friends and colleagues.

Thank you so much.

WarmestRegards
LINDA

vprimush 09-17-2009 @ 2:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene and Diana,

thank you for providing the recipe.
I have baked the recipe today and I have some questions, hope you can help or other people in the forum.
1. How should I mix the cheese mixture with the fluor mixture? with a mixer?
2. I was told that philadelphia creme cheese has the same taste as US creme cheese. After I baked the cake, I found out that the egg smell is more dominant than the cheese, do you have any suggestion to solve this problem? btw: I lived in germany.

thank you in advance.

vprimush

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:43 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Ivymeil 09-05-2021 @ 6:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

drewbinsky 08-07-2023 @ 7:56 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts