Joined: Aug. 03
A simple old fashioned pancake recipe. Good with syrup.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1. Beat egg.
2. Stir in butter and milk.
3. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
4. Stir into egg mixture.
5. Lightly grease a griddle.
6. Heat griddle and drop about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
7. Spread lightly with a spoon.
8. When bubbles begin to appear around outside edge and break, turn with a spatula and cook on other side.
9. Lift edge a little with the spatula and peek under it to see how it's doing You will need to adjust your heat so they do not cook too fast and burn.
10. The temperature is usually somewhere between medium and medium-high.