Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Coffee House Coffee Cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Coffee House Coffee Cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Ivymeil 09-05-2021 @ 6:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Irene 03-19-2008 @ 1:35 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Glad to know that you like the cake. Thanks Phyllis for the feedback. Really appreciate it.

Irene

Irene

missimin 03-01-2008 @ 7:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I made this recipe today.  It's a great recipe, the cake is moist, not dry like many coffee cakes.  The only difference I made was the recipe called for 1/2 cup butter for the topping and I used 1/4 cup.
Delicious. Thanks for posting it.

Phyllis

diana 03-02-2004 @ 7:22 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Irene,

Thank you for sharing the recipe for the Coffee House Coffee Cake with us.

I'd like to ask you if I can post the recipe on my website under the Guest Recipe Book, under the the Coffee Cakes category. Of course, giving you credit for the recipe.

Please let me know, and if you can send me an email to Diana at: diana@dianasdesserts.com. as I need your email address (for my own records), and your full name to give you credit for the recipe.

Thank You again
Diana, Diana's Desserts

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Irene 03-01-2004 @ 8:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Found this wonderful cake while surfing the Net. Have try it and it was an instant hit with my family and friends. It is really good with coffee or tea. Want to share it with anyone who care to give it a try

p/s  Some said that it taste like Starbucks coffee cake. Haven't try the coffee cake at Starbucks so I couldn't really comment. But one thing I can say is that it is easy to make and it taste good.

Happy Baking
Irene

Coffee House Coffee Cake

Topping
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2  tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecan

For the Cake
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2  cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 325F.

2. Make topping by combining 1/2 cup flour with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.

3. Mixture should have the consistency of moist sand.

4. Add 1/2 cup chopped pecans.

5. In a large bowl, cream together 3/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.

6. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.

7. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.

8. Add this dry mixture to the moist ingredients a little at a time.

9. Add milk and mix well.

10. Spoon the batter into a 9 inches round cake tin ( you can also use  bundt pan) that has been buttered and dusted with a light coating of flour.

11. Spinkle the crumb topping over the batter.

12. Be sure the topping completely covers the batter.

13. Bake 50 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. (check at about 40 mins)

14. Cool.

12 servings

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts