Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Mayo Tuna Buns Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Mayo Tuna Buns

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Irene 10-07-2003 @ 6:45 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I love baking bread ever since my husband bought me a bread machine for my birthday. And this is one of my family and also my friends favourite. I would like to share it with anyone who would like to try it out.

Happy Baking

Irene

Mayo Tuna Buns

Ingredients for the dough

300 ml ( 10 fluid oz or 1 1/4 cup) cold water

60 gm (2 ozs or 1/2 stick ) butter

10 gm (  slightly less than 1/2 oz or 1 1/2 tsp ) salt

1 egg

480 gm (17 ozs) bread flour

120 gm (4 ozs ) plain flour ( all purposed flour)

20 gm ( slightly less than 1 oz or 1 tbsp ) milk powder

110 gm ( slight less than 4 ozs ) sugar

4 tsp instant yeast

1.Put the above ingredients into a bread machine and set it to the dough setting. Knead for about 25 mins.

2.Take out and put it into a bowl and cover it and let it prove for 50- 60 mins or until it is double its size. Put it in the oven to prove

Note: The best place to prove the dough is in the oven without switching it on. Put  two cups of hot water in the oven to provide some heat and water vapour.

3.After the dough have double in size then punch it down. Knead it with your hands for about 1 minute.

4. Divide the dough into 60 gm or 2 ozs portions and shape them into balls. Leave them to rest for 10 mins

5. After 10 mins lightly flatten the dough balls with the palms your hands. Put some filling into the dough and wrap up the dough and shape into round shape

6. Put them on a greased baking tray ( it is better if you lined the baking tray with baking paper and greased it with a little butter). Cover it and let it prove in the oven ( like it was done in the first proving ) for 45 mins.

7. Brush with egg wash . Bake at 190 C or 374 F for 10-12 mins or until golden brown in the middle shelf.

Fillings for the Buns

400 gm (14 ozs) flaked tuna or salmon

100 gm ( 3 ½  ozs or 1/2  a big onion you can put more if you like) chopped onions

120 gm ( about 4 ozs or ½ cup ) Mayonnaise

1 tsp lemon juice

pinch of salt , pinch of pepper

Mix all the ingredients till well blended

samd91 10-24-2003 @ 3:52 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
thank you for your recipe i also have a bread making machine and tryed your idea out and loved it so thank you.

s.downton

Irene 10-24-2003 @ 9:15 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Glad you like it.Thanks for trying.

Happy Baking
      Irene

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts