Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / 'PANG SOO SEE' or 'SUSIE BUNS recipe Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: 'PANG SOO SEE' or 'SUSIE BUNS recipe

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Irene 10-18-2003 @ 5:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hope this is the recipe you are looking for.

Happy Baking
     Irene                      

BUN SUSI
Ingredients:
75g butter or margarine
80g mashed potato
60g castor sugar
450g hi-protein flour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
10g sachet easy-blend yeast
175ml lukewarm water

Filling:
5g coriander powder (1 tbsp)
2 tbsp oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tbsp soybean garlic paste, pounded
360g chicken, diced small or finely minced

Seasoning:
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp thick soya sauce
120 ml water
110g dried winter melon, finely chopped
1 small egg, beaten, to glaze

Method:
Blend butter or margarine, sweet potato and sugar in a small electric mixing bowl fitted with a blade. Process until finely blended and smooth.

Put hi-protein flour, salt and yeast into a large mixing bowl fitted with a dough mixer. Stir well to mix.

Add the blended sweet potato batter and mix to a crumbly dough.
Pour in water and beat until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rise for about 30 minutes until doubled in bulk.

Meanwhile, prepare filling. Pan fry coriander powder in a non-stick pan without oil for a minute until fragrant. Remove and set aside.

Heat oil in a pan and lightly brown garlic. Reduce heat and add soybean paste. Fry until aromatic.
Put in chicken and coriander powder. Stir well. Add seasoning and mix well. Add water and cook until almost dry. Stir in winter melon.

Dish out and leave to cool.

Knead risen dough until smooth. Divide into 22 pieces. Flatten into rounds and fill with a dessertspoonful of filling. Shape into rounds or
ovals and seal well.

Place on greased baking trays. Brush with beaten egg and leave to rise for 20-25 minutes. Bake in preheated hot oven at 190°C for 15 minutes.

bassist 10-05-2003 @ 7:35 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
g'day all Smile  i'm new to baking but i've been dying to try out this recipe.. pang soo see (Eurasians call it that) or susie buns (nonyas/peranakans call it by this name) are more or less the same thing.. but i've no idea where to go and get my hands on this recipe. if anyone has any idea.. please please let me know. thank you so much

Cheers and God Bless
Sade

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts