Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / chocolate Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: chocolate

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

joann 02-20-2008 @ 7:21 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I havn't baked in a long time, almost a year, and I have a lot of chocolate in my refrig.  How long can I keep chocolate in the refrig, before, I have to throw it away?
Joann Confused

baker

diana 02-21-2008 @ 6:50 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Baker,

If you have to store chocolate in the refrigerator, you should keep it well wrapped and away from any foods with a strong odor because chocolate will pick up the smell of other foods. Chocolate stored in the refrigerator is good for up to 1 year.

When chocolate is stored in a refrigerator, "blooming" may happen. This is when the cocoa butter crystals or sugar rises to the surface due to the humidity in a refrigerator. This causes a white or dull surface on the chocolate. Blooming does not change the taste of the chocolate and is not dangerous, it just makes the chocolate look strange.

Hope this information helps you out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

edwardmorgan 12-30-2021 @ 9:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 12-30-2021 @ 9:53 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts