Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Recipe Conversion Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Recipe Conversion -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Lynne 09-07-2007 @ 9:55 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
If you want to see great photos of baked items (particularly cakes with fondant); check out Flickr.com  I asked for a recipe and got it; but obviously the baker is from another country.  I didn't really find a conversion site that gave me what I needed (except for the baking temperature).  Can someone help or point me in the right direction on the internet?  I also question the addition of "self raising" flour--he must mean baking powder.

- Peel and dice 3 apples
- Melt 50 gr butter and 50 gr sugar in a pan
- Add the diced apples and stir fry until golden brown, set aside
- Beat 150 gr butter (softened at room temperature) with 150 gr sugar till lighter color
- Pour in 4 beaten eggs in several addition and mix till well blended
- Sift 200 gr flour and 2 tsp self raising flour in the mixture and stir with spatula
- Pour half of the batter in a big loaf tin (based with baking paper) and put half of the diced apples on top ... repeat with the other half of apples and batter
- Bake at 180 °C for about 60 to 80 minutes

Best Regards!

aussieIngrid 09-08-2007 @ 4:13 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
On this website, Dianna's desserts, there is a tool entitled 'tips and tools'. Click on it and on the top left hand corner, you will see a calculator icon 'conversion calculator'. It has everything you are asking for...
By the way, this recipe must come from Australia. We use self raising flour all the time and it is NOT baking flour. I know you can make your own self raising flour, by using plain flour (otherwise called All purpose flour) and mixing it with baking powder. Having said that, off the top of my head, I do not know the proportions/measurements. I hope this helps you a little.

Warmly,
Ingrid

aussieIngrid 09-08-2007 @ 4:25 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Lynne,
I just found this in Dianna's desserts under 'Tips and Tools' re the subheading 'Ingredient substitue chart'.

1 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt can be substituted for 1 cup self-rising flour.

Thanks Dianna for such a great site.

Warmly,
Ingrid

WendyWong 09-25-2007 @ 10:20 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Want to try the Tiramisu from Diana's Recipe Book, wonder how many ml is 3 cups whipping cream? Thank you in advance.

aussieIngrid 09-25-2007 @ 10:43 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
3 Cups whipping cream = 1.5 pints = 0.710 litres = 710 ml....

Hope that helps.....

Warmly,
Ingrid

WendyWong 09-26-2007 @ 6:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks Ingrid, 710ml whipping cream is alot for 500gm of mascarpone cheese Tiramisu recipe *.*

This message was edited by WendyWong on 9-26-07 @ 6:09 AM

aussieIngrid 09-26-2007 @ 2:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
There are different Tirimasu recipes everywhere and every Italian has their own variation also Smile . I have used this recipe with success : www.annamariavolpi/page30.html

Warmly,
Ingrid

aussieIngrid 09-26-2007 @ 2:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I find that typing the address in the address toolbar at the top of the screen takes me to the site whereas if I click on the link it takes me to 'The page can not be displayed'. Just a side note in case you have problems.

Warmly,
Ingrid

Lynne 09-26-2007 @ 4:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Here is a link to a recipe for Amaretto Tiramisu that I submitted.  It is fabulous!  My brother who is not into desserts made it for a get together and now his friends don't care if he comes or not--as long as he drops off the dessert.

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/recipes.recipeListing/filter/guest/recipeID/1784/Recipe.cfm

Best Regards!

WendyWong 09-27-2007 @ 12:13 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you so much Ingrid and Lynne  Smile

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts