Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Dutch Process Cocoa vs Regular Cocoa Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Dutch Process Cocoa vs Regular Cocoa

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

adonnaru 01-02-2007 @ 9:33 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am wrestling with replacing regular cocoa with Dutch cocoa because my little one doesn't like the bitter taste of regular cocoa. Can someone point me in the right direction where I can find some recipes using Dutch cocoa and maybe a way of using Dutch cocoa in recipes I already have instead of using regular cocoa.

I know from what I have found that Dutch is OK in recipes using baking powder and if substituted for regula cocoa eliminate the baking soda etc. Gets confusing.

Regards,
Tony

natcat 09-09-2007 @ 9:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
You can replace the regular cocoa with dutch processed cocoa, anytime.

If your little one doesn't like the flavor of it?? is this in hot chocolate?? or in a baking recipe??

If it is in a baking recipe, like brownies, or cake, sweeten it up some more, a little at a time.

If you're using regular processed cocoa in hot chocolate, sweeten it up some more also. My mother used to use regular cocoa to make hot chocolate with, & you have to find the balance between the cocoa & the sweetness, & your little one will not know the difference, he will enjoy his hot chocolate!!! Smile

Have A Sweet Day!!
    Carol

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts