Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / candy clay roses Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: candy clay roses

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

darcat 12-29-2006 @ 7:37 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I saw where on this site (sorry dont remember where) about making roses with candy clay. Someone was saying that they had trouble cause the clay would get to soft. I just wanted to say that I make them using tootsie roll candy, they turn out great and are faster and cheaper than making your own candy clay. You follow the directions for making roses as you would using any medium including icing except that you make the buds then refrig them for awhile then continue with first row of petals refrigerate and go on to next set of petals this way the tootsie roll has time to cool down so the flowers wont droop. You can also make your leaves with them as well as rolling out the tootsie roll between waxed paper and cutting any shapes you wish. All you do is play with the tootsie roll until is warms and is pliable then proceed and let your imagination guide you, kids love these and you can also use starburst candy to make colored flowers. Hope this helps just remember to let each row cool a little before proceeding with the next. Smile

A day without baking is like a day without sunshine

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts