Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / in NEED of help Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: in NEED of help

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

rogerturcotte 05-31-2023 @ 1:58 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

translifeline19 09-04-2022 @ 3:13 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

malinkastrong 07-27-2022 @ 12:02 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

CatWhispers 03-14-2006 @ 11:30 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I agree with those who basically said what's important is what you think of yourself.  A very long time ago I watched a motivational tape, and the speaker said something to the effect of (speaking of banana muffins), if you are a banana, you can strive for top banana.  If you're a plum, you can strive to be the top plum. But if you're a plum, and try to be a top banana, you'll never make it.  You can get close, but not to the top.  Don't know if that means anything or has anything to do with the topic,but somehow I was reminded of it.

Anyway, that being said, I can also perfectly understand the need to shut someone up Smile  

In the guest cookbook I am postiong a recipe for you called German Apple Cake.  It is excellent, extremely impressive (if she complains about this one she needs help lol) and in my opinion, a bit less sweet than most cakes, whicy I think is more towards the European tastes.  Every time I've made it, I've gotten really excellent kudos.  And as an extra little plus, I've decorated the top with white decoratiove icing, even the storebout in a tube stuff (not the gel), and the white on the glistening orange top looks fantastic.  I've even used it as an adult birthday cake once.

If you do try it, hope you, she and anyone else who tries it likes it as much as I do.

natcat 03-13-2006 @ 11:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
cdg327
  You know?? you're right Question it is kind of sad that there are so many people that don't want to go to the "trouble" of cooking a nice meal from scratch. but, what we've been doing is going to a good book store, & buying some cookbooks, and giving them for a Christmas gift, or what ever, like a birthday gift,etc.!!
  The recipes we have typed out we have copied all of them, bought large recipe holders, & given them to all of our children. We thought that it was a fantastic idea to pass down the recipes that all of our family has enjoyed over the years !! Smile

Have A Sweet Day!!
    Carol

cdg327 03-13-2006 @ 3:01 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
i think she is starting to take to me.  i think she realizes that i do make her son happy.
i dont blame her for thinking that most american women can't cook.  none of my friends know how to cook anything unless it comes from a package.  i try to teach them.  

natcat 03-13-2006 @ 1:19 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi cdg327
  I'm happy that you are trying to not let your fiancees mother's "comments"get to you!!!
  I'm really sorry that most of the european ladies have been raised to believe that us American ladies can't cook, or anything. They are missing out on a lot.
  We can bend over backwards, & there will still be some people that won't appreciate the nice things we do.

If you didn't get a coment, maybe that's a good   sign!!  Smile

Have A Sweet Day!!
    Carol

cdg327 03-13-2006 @ 6:57 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
thank you for the advice.  i ended up making banana nut muffins because they had to travel a bit too.  i figure i will make a chocolate mousse cake at some point.  i didnt receive a review on the muffins so who knows.  i am just trying to let it not get to me this time around

natcat 03-09-2006 @ 11:30 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello cadg327
As long as YOU know that YOU cook & bake well, please do not let your fiancees mother insult you.
  I believe that most european women have always believed in baking with fruit in their desserts. They do not understand why we can bake a dessert with (veggies)Carrots in them, like a carrot cake !!! my relatives are from Germany, & that's what I've gotten in the past!!!!!
  Try to pick something out with apples in the dessert.
  Try putting together a Banana Cake,or a cake recipe that has apples in it.
  I think most european people think we(americans) don't know how to do anything at all, & that's what my own mother got from my father's mother, Mom went right ahead & cooked, & baked the way she wanted to.
  I believe you should just bake something you think is nice & tasty, & if your fiancees mother happens to try to insult you, just smile, because you know that you did something real nice, & if she doesn't appreciate it, that's her problem, after all, you will be marrying your fiancee, not his mother. Smile

Good Luck, & keep your chin up & smile

Have you & your fiancee talked about it??

Have A Sweet Day!!
    Carol

cdg327 03-04-2006 @ 8:02 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
hey everyone!  i have a problem.  my fiancee's mother is lithuanian/russian and highly believes that american women cannot cook or bake.  i always bring her stuff and the last time i brought her cookies, which are amazing.  she thought that they were "ok, how much effort does it take to cook cookies anyways." i was kinda upset. anyways, i am going to her house on monday night and i wanted to bring the dessert.  someone help me?  ah i am so stressed out about this.  frusterates me when someone thinks i cannot cook. i just want to impress her.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts