Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / disposable springform pan inserts Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: disposable springform pan inserts

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Jillpeck 12-20-2004 @ 11:28 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I make cheesecakes a lot but only have 1 springform pan.  Other than freezing it and then removing it from the bottom plate (as in a previous discussion) could parchment paper or some other insert be used to just lift it after refrigerating and removing the sides?  Ohterwise I'm always panicking that I make sure I bring home the bottom piece.   Thanks for any help.  

Jill S. Peck

katieb 03-17-2005 @ 1:18 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, i think the next i make a cheese cake i'll going to see if can use the board that we use for cakes, they comes in different sizes(cardboards)

best baker

Jillpeck 03-17-2005 @ 10:54 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks for the reply, but wouldn't a cardboard get soaked through, unless it's wax paper lined?  Guess that would be an option also.

Jill S. Peck

Sharon 03-29-2005 @ 8:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Here's an idea - i use aluminium foil to wrap and cover the entire base plate before pouring the cheese cake on it. After baking, i lift the cheesecake from the tray, unwrap the foil and carefully move the cake onto another plate.  You have to be quick as the foil can't support the cake.  Alternatively invest in another loose bottom tray.

Sneo

joann 08-06-2005 @ 9:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have found if you put the bottom plate unside down in the springform pan, it slide off a lot easier and use a wide spatula and gently tease it off.

I hope this helps.

Joann Smile

baker

Ericake 11-11-2007 @ 6:05 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I make cheesecakes ALL THE TIME, and honestly NEVER even use the bottom of my spring form pan.  I usually stick to the 9.5" springform pan as opposed to the larger.  What I do is, REPLACE the bottom with a 9.5" round piece of cardboard I cut (usually out of an old pizza box)  then wrap it with foil, and put it in place of the bottom of the pan. It works great, and then you don't care about losing the bottom when you bring your cake to share at parties away from home.
         GODS HONEST, TRUE STORY!
         TRY IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT!

trekpickled 02-28-2024 @ 6:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts