Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Muffin Question Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Muffin Question -- page: 1 2 3 4

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

snoopysue 02-27-2013 @ 1:18 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Can a muffin recipe be doubled/tripled without changing the ingrediants?

Biffhank 02-27-2013 @ 1:45 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I think it depends on the recipe.  I've rarely found one that couldn't be
doubled or the pan size changed (i.e. mini muffin vs. standard size) but
occasionally some recipes don't double well.  Most of the time that is due
to the density of the batter--not allowing the ingredients to distribute as
well as they might have in a smaller batch.  I have one cookie recipe that is
more chocolate chunks than batter and the one time I tried to double a
batch I had dire results.  If I do double the recipe I do it twice, mix it well,
THEN combine the two batches and that works great.  You don't want to
overwork muffin batter because it will make the muffins tough so if your
batch was very large you might work too hard to get it all mixed and
toughen the muffins.

Oregon Baker

snoopysue 02-28-2013 @ 9:31 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you Oregon Baker for your reply.  It was very helpful.  I also found out on line that the baking powder and baking soda have to be decreased by half.

bgstill 05-23-2013 @ 8:33 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Mary B. So love your message concerning local people that tell you all the time about the Cho Cho and how they are missed.  Looking forward to making a trip to that store in Temple PA.  It is a long way  to go for a Cho Cho wonder if they are as good as back in the 50's.  Or maybe that Ice Cream Store ships going on line to find out.  Thank's cuz for giving me this information.

Thanuxe 03-09-2018 @ 8:24 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

davidman 04-04-2018 @ 6:41 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

drhassan 04-19-2018 @ 7:50 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

rodrikroberts 05-14-2018 @ 10:07 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

rodrikroberts 05-14-2018 @ 10:15 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

rodrikroberts 05-14-2018 @ 10:18 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts