Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Leathery Honeycomb Bottomed Chocolate Cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Leathery Honeycomb Bottomed Chocolate Cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Deborah 11-02-2011 @ 8:14 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
When I was little, my mother would make a scratch chocolate cake:  flour, cocoa, butter, sugar, eggs and milk - possibly baking soda or powder.  We have lost the recipe.  
Initially, the cake would come out of the oven and have a glossy, leathery (tough) bottom with a honeycomb appearance (vertical) about a half inch thick on the bottom.  The cake was great but the honeycomb was a special treat. Eventually, whatever she did to get that effect was "corrected" and we started to get regular cakes.
I assume the honeycomb was due to a problem, but am not experienced enough to know what the problem was.  I would like to repeat the problem but don't know how.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 8:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts