Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / How to cool a cheesecake? Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: How to cool a cheesecake? -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

cheesecakeman 07-31-2009 @ 12:37 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I've read conflicting opinions about what you should do with a cheesecake after cooking.  Should I put in in the refigerator immediately, or let it cool on a cupboard first?

Meow

diana 08-01-2009 @ 1:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi,

Always let your cheesecake cool on the kitchen counter for about an hour or so before putting it in the refrigerator, then place in refrigerator and let cheesecake set for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Hope this information helps you out. Good luck!

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

dagwood 08-01-2009 @ 3:10 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I don't see any reason to let a cheesecake sit out for an hour or so before refrigerating it and I wish you would offer an explanation for this.
Many recipes, like one I use, say to bake cheesecake for an hour and then turn off the oven and let chesecake finish baking and cool in the oven for another hour. I can understand this reasoning and explanation but once you remove the cake from the oven, it will no longer bake so I would see no reason not to put it right into the refrigerator.
Letting it sit out isn't going to accomplsh anything.

This message was edited by dagwood on 8-1-09 @ 3:24 PM

snoboard 08-20-2009 @ 7:10 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
This is what I found out on http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090619233914AASNZG1
about resting cheeesecakes in the oven before refrigerating: "To stop a cheesecake from cracking about 15~30 mins, since if you leave too long resting it will crack.  That isn't always a sure thing though either if mine crack, I just cut it into slices so then the crack isn't noticeable.
If you spray a tiny bit of pam on top before baking it usually helps.
That's what I do and they NEVER crack.  And I know that just because I said this, now they will!

Gasp

This message was edited by snoboard on 8-20-09 @ 7:14 AM

cblondi 11-10-2012 @ 2:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Cool completely before refrigerating. Chilling a warm cheesecake will trap condensation in the cake and make it soggy.

Sghir40 03-30-2015 @ 2:11 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
open the door and slowly let the cheesecake cool down and then pull it out completely of the oven after about fifteen minutes... that isn't always a sure thing though either if mine crack, i just cut it into slices so then the crack isn't noticeable..

if you spray a tiny bit of pam on top before baking it usually helps...

Low Calorie Desserts

tameeca 09-23-2015 @ 2:16 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Greetings.  One way to keep your cheesecake from
cracking is by adding your eggs last and mixing them
just to incorporate.  Over mixing at this stage will
incorporate too much air which will cause it to crack.

Mmm tasty!

flirtylove88 02-26-2017 @ 7:22 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

victorolaria 03-11-2017 @ 12:28 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

globalpaperwork 10-29-2017 @ 3:55 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts