Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Frozen Juice Concentrates Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Frozen Juice Concentrates -- page: 1 2 3 4

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

wench 10-08-2007 @ 8:22 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

Just wondering is it possible to substitute frozen juice conentrates for normal juices as I have come across alot of recipes requiring the frozen concentrates, but in Australia we don't seem too be able too purchase it.

aussieIngrid 10-09-2007 @ 12:57 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I live in Australia and I have always just substituted juice concentrates for juice. My common sense tells me that all I am losing out on is flavour (the concentrate factor), but other than that my desserts have always worked.

Warmly,
Ingrid

wench 10-09-2007 @ 10:24 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you Ingrid.   At least I know someone else has tried and it's worked.

Cheers,

aussieIngrid 10-10-2007 @ 5:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
You probably know this, but I just wanted to mention (just in case) that whenever I substitute any item, I adjust the amount. Any liquids I adjust by simply pouring the liquid in small portions and when it starts looking like the consistency it should (for instance, a cake mixture tends to look the same no matter what recipe. The same applies to a muffin or bread mixture. They all have a specific look about them). Whereas when I substitute oil for butter, I tend to use less oil, because oil makes the consistency look heavier....anyway, I hope that makes sense and I hope it helps....

Warmly,
Ingrid

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

globaldocument 06-23-2021 @ 8:25 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

scottmark 07-18-2021 @ 7:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

hohnjames 07-26-2021 @ 4:45 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

hohnjames 07-26-2021 @ 4:45 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts