Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Lemon chicken soup-Russian recipe? Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Lemon chicken soup-Russian recipe? -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

sanockikell 08-16-2007 @ 12:59 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi again. This time I am wondering about a fabulous soup I tasted at my local food & wine expo 3+ years ago.  It was either a russian recipe or Czechoslovakian, I'm not sure.  
The base was chicken, light yellow, thickened stock with a lemon flavor.  It is delicious and I would love to make it. Any ideas?
Thank you!
KS

kds

aussieIngrid 08-16-2007 @ 10:29 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
My mother is Russian. I dont recall this Lemon chicken soup being a a dessert?  Confused

Otherwise, you may want to check this website out http://www.ruscuisine.com/. Another good site for international recipes is http://www.recipezaar.com.

Anyway, all the best in your search.

Warmly,
Ingrid

sanockikell 08-17-2007 @ 5:40 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Right, this is not a dessert.  I somehow didnt think about that before I posted this to a dessert website.
Thanks Ingrid for your help!!

kds

evi 08-18-2007 @ 6:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Sanockikell. I am from Greece and we have a chicken soup similar to what you are looking for. We use fresh chicken stock as a base, we add some rice and when it's done, we finish the soup with a mixture of eggs and lemon juice. I hope I helped, if you want details please reply!

sanockikell 08-18-2007 @ 3:46 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Yes, thank you!  I believe this may be what I tasted.  If you have a recipe I would love to try it.  Thanks again!!

kds

evi 08-19-2007 @ 9:07 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
http://kristaki.net/?page_id=124

It is an address with the real recipe (Greek chicken soup augolemono). The broth has some fat from the boiled chicken, but if you want you can add some olive oil. Risotto rice is suitable. The recipe calls for 3 eggs that make a thick stock, but my mom uses only one to make a low-cholesterol version. You can vary the amount of lemon juice at your taste. My mom also adds black pepper only when serving, otherwise the soup turns black...

sanockikell 08-20-2007 @ 6:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thnak you! I will give it a try.

kds

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:06 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 3:37 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-26-2022 @ 3:41 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts