Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Buttercream Roses Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Buttercream Roses -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Marshall 07-12-2007 @ 2:54 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am trying to learn to decorate but I'm having trouble getting the correct stiff consistency to form buttercream roses what do I do?
What is a good recipe? I even tried the ready-made Wilton icing and my rose wilted.

Marshall G

cakebyheather 07-18-2007 @ 1:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
A great way to learn how to decorate is to take the Wilton courses offered at your local arts and crafts stores like Michael's or Joann's Fabric.  They don't cost much but you must provide your own supplies.  The stiffness of your icing depends on where you live, the humidity, the amount of sugar vs. liquid in your recipe. If you have hot hands like me, you need to work fast and keep your icing fairly stiff.  Sometimes you may need a High-Ratio Shortening (found at the cake suppliers, pricey though).

cakebyheather 07-18-2007 @ 1:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Sorry my last message was long.  Here's a Wilton buttercream recipe: Yields 3 cups
1/2c.vegetable shortening
1/2c.=1 stick butter/margarine
1 tsp. Clear Vanilla
4 c. sifted 10x sugar
2 T. milk/water
Note: All shortening may be used & 1/2tsp Clear Butter Flavor.  Add 3-4 Tbsp. Corn Syrup per recipe to thin for icing cake.  Good Luck!!

Marshall 07-19-2007 @ 9:20 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
cakebyheather- Thank you for your comments. I am currently in the Wilton course I. It is very helpful, but I have still had trouble with icing stiffness. I was told that my confectionary sugar may not be 10X, and I am going to try a different brand. Thanks again. --Marshall

Marshall G

Marshall 07-19-2007 @ 9:31 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Cakebyheather--
Thank you for the recipe.
I am trying a new 10X sugar today and will try your recipe.
Marshall

Marshall G

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:07 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:07 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

immuneshades 06-17-2021 @ 10:40 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Tecapan 06-18-2021 @ 2:50 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts