Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / One More Baking Horror ! Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: One More Baking Horror !

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

riverina_ripple 01-15-2007 @ 11:14 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi skhan,

As I haven't tried baking a fruit nut bread and can't seem to find this recipe in the recipe section, I'm not sure if what follows is going to be helpful. But here goes..

did you allow the butter to soften before you mixed it into the other ingredients? Maybe the batter got lumpy because the butter was too cold. I'm not sure what you mean by the cherries being spread around.. are they meant to stay on top? if that was the case, maybe you should try tossing the cherries in a bit of flour next time, before you add it to the batter. Apparently that helps to prevent them from sinking into the batter.

hope this helps!

skhan 12-25-2006 @ 9:57 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hellow All !

hmmm finally I baked Fruit Nut Bread yesterday, guess what?
it came out really bad... ahhhh I just don't know what I did wrong!
I followed the recipe as it was,I combined all the ingredients in order
to mix them (as stated by the recipe), when I started mixing them the butter got divided into lumps, so out of desperation I stained the mixture and melted the
butter separately and then added it to the mixture.

My all batter was very light and very liquidy. I just had to pour it into the
loaf pan. When it came out of the oven, it didn't rise up, it was just 1
and 1/2 inches high....... it wasn't looking like a bread at all,it was
something very wetty and fruity! The second issue was the cherries issue,
the cherries got spreaded all around !
Click on the following URL to see the pictures of my so called bread !

http://picasaweb.google.com/tectrix/FoodPhotography

As you people might be very busy during these days, so whenever anyone of you, who can help me, stop by here,
plz do reply me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.  

skhan

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts