Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Half-and-Half or Cream in place of milk Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Half-and-Half or Cream in place of milk

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

diana 11-05-2006 @ 11:59 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Again,

I've been doing a search on the internet and have found several recipes that use half and half or light cream in cake recipes in place of whole milk. So I say, go ahead and try it. Actually many recipes say to use milk (or half and half or light cream) under the ingredients for cake.

Good luck and please let us know how it all turned out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

diana 11-05-2006 @ 9:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Heather,

What type of cake are you thinking of making where you want to use half and half or light cream instead of milk? Let me know.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

hepeskin 11-05-2006 @ 6:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Diana: Can I substitute half-and-half or light cream in place of milk as a cake ingredient or would it spoil the ingredient balance?  I just thought it would make the cake richer to the taste.  Thanks. Heather

Heather

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts