Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Confusions ! Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Confusions !

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

skhan 10-24-2006 @ 5:20 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hellow all ! this is my first forum message on this sweeeetoooo site, last night I visited this cool site for the first time, and in the morning I decided to post my some of the "many" baking confusions !

Before putting up my confusions I want to tell something about my baking passion... I am just a beginner but I love to bake and cook but uptill now I haven't bake any master piece Playful  because my computer
studies don't let me enjoy this passion of mine and there are several other reasons as well so as to why I am just a beginner in baking even having great affection and pasion for baking !

Ok now coming to the point, can anyone of you tell me that most of the times in cakes/brownies recipes and even in some cookies recipes, its suggested to use granulated sugar , I never use granulated sugar because it makes me think that the sugar crystals will not get dissolved properly as my home sugar's crystals are big enough!
so I am confused why recipes suggest to use crystal sugar and why not powdered sugar?

Second thing I want to ask is that why some brownies recipes suggest to mix the eggs with spoon? , like I am working on a brownies recipe to bake on this Eid, and the recipe suggests to mix the eggs with spoon after making a mixture of butter and sugar ! I never mix eggs with spoon, I just add eggs to the butter mixture one by one and blend with the electric mixer!

Third thing is that whenever I use vanila essence in my cakes the vanila takes the place of every other tast in the cake!I hate this thing, the vanila is suposed to add its flavour and not to destroy all the other tastes but this happens only with the cake I bake home; the cakes from bakeries never show this thing, I am confused why is it so?
is that the vanila I use is not a standard product or what? ( I always use 1 tsp of vanila).

I hope that someone of you will respond to these confusions!

skhan

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts