Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Confectioners Sugar or Caster Sugar Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Confectioners Sugar or Caster Sugar

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

diana 05-15-2006 @ 8:52 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Heather,

If you're speaking about the confectioners' sugar in the crust, it's only 1/4 cup, but yes you can use caster sugar if desired. The rest of the sugar in the recipe calls for granulated sugar and that is basically the same as caster sugar, although caster sugar is a bit finer. One can be substituted for the other.

Hope you make the cheesecake and please if you do, let me know how it turned out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

hepeskin 05-14-2006 @ 7:32 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I would like to make the Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake but am doubtful about using so much confectioners' sugar. Is it not too sweet? Could I use caster sugar in its place? Heather

Heather

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts