Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Conflict in the pastry shell! Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Conflict in the pastry shell!

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

natcat 11-08-2005 @ 6:27 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello, I am also new!!, and enjoy baking too!! When you bake your tarts next time, why don't you try to bake them a little less, it sounds like even though you baked them the amount of time they should have been, they might have dried out a little too much. I keep an "oven temperature gauge" in our oven all of the time, just to make sure the temp. is right. Good luck!! Smile

Have A Sweet day!!,    N.Carol Thomas

l_matty 09-29-2005 @ 9:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Everyone
I've just signed up and very much looking forward to talking to other baking enthusiasts.

So here's my first "problem".  I have been trying to make a Lime & Coconut Tart in individual tart cases.  They look gorgeous when I take them out of the oven (and also taste quite nice even if I do say so myself!), but when they cool, the filling seperates from the crust.  Any tips as to how I can stop this from happening?

Kindest regards

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts