Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Fondant / Gum paste Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Fondant / Gum paste

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Sharon 03-24-2005 @ 2:32 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I'm new to this forum, anyone can give me a simple receipe for fondant or gum paste? In Singapore, I can't get gum tragacanth, meringue powder so if the recipe can do without these ingredients, that would be great.

Sneo

Jo 05-07-2005 @ 11:20 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Sharon,

There is this website www.pastrywiz.com that has a fondant recipe that would suit you. Ok!  Smile

Have A Great Day!

J.A.

michelle 05-12-2005 @ 11:19 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Not sure if you want fondant icing (which is an icing you melt then pour) or sugar paste so heres both
fondant
60g white vegetable fat (shortening)
30ml lemon juice
30 ml water
750g icing sugar (sieved)

put water, lemon juice and fat into pan. heat gently until fat dissolves. add 250g of icing sugar to pan and bring to boil. gradually add rest of icing sugar stirring well after each addition. beat icing until smooth quickly knead on a lightly icing sugared surface

quick sugar paste

1 egg white
30ml liquid glucose
500g icing sugar

put egg white and glucose in a bowl. sift icing sugar into bowl. stir until mixture begins to bind together. use fingers to form mixture into a ball.knead on a lightly icing sugared surface until smooth and silky

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts