Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Help! My cupcakes have risen too much Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Help! My cupcakes have risen too much

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

EnglishTracey 01-14-2005 @ 8:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Can anyone give me advice on how to make cupcakes with flat surfaces?  I know it's good for cakes to rise up but I need flat cakes and I don't really want to have to cut off the tops.  Is this the only option or does anyone have any tips?  Thanks for your help. Tracey

diana 01-14-2005 @ 12:00 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi English Tracey,

Welcome to Diana's Desserts Discusssion Forum and to Diana's Dessert Website.

One possible way of making your cupcakes flat on top is filling the tins only half way full with batter. Try this and let me know how that works. Otherwise, you will have to slice the tops to make them flat.

Hope this helps you out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts