Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Long shelf period Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Long shelf period

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

smile 12-22-2004 @ 8:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Ms. Diana,

Thank you for always having a great delicious recipes in pastries. I just want to ask the long life of blonde brownies because I'm planning to sell coz its really delicious.  And some of my customers asked me how long does it last I told them 4days but some says it last a week or a month.  So I'm confused which is the right long shelf of blonde brownies and also the cupcakes/muffins as they called. REgarding about cookies can you give me some tips on how can I make my cookies be more crispy for a long time.  Is there a tip on how to bake or keeping the cookies to make it crispier.  I'm also planning to sell chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies. I hope you can give me advices in baking.  Thank you and looking forward for your reply.

Smile Smile

diana 12-22-2004 @ 11:02 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Smile,

You may store the Blondies (blonde brownies) covered tightly with foil or plastic wrap at room temperature (best if stored in the pan they were baked in) for 3 to 4 days or you may freeze them (covered tightly with foil or plastic wrap) for up to 3 months.

For storing Muffins, place them in a plastic bag, seal, and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.

To freeze muffins, wrap them tightly in heavy foil or place them in freezer bags, and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, wrap frozen muffins in heavy foil. Heat in a 300 degree F (150 C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes for 1 3/4-inch muffins and 15 to 18 minutes for 2 1/2-inch muffins.

Cupcakes
Cool unfrosted cupcakes completely before storing, or they will become sticky on the surface.

Store cupcakes with creamy frostings under a cake saver or large inverted bowl. They may be stored this way at room temperature for up to 2 days.

Store cupcakes with whipped cream toppings, cream fillings or cream cheese frostings in the refrigerator.

Store cupcakes the same way you would store a regular cake. If there are perishable ingredients (such as cream or other dairy products) in the cupcakes, you must refrigerate them.

Crispy Cookies
The type of sugar and how much you use plays a big role in the outcome of the cookie's taste and texture, but the recipe plays the biggest role.
White sugar will make a crisper cookie than one made with brown sugar, molasses or honey. It doesn't attract as much moisture from the environment, keeping them crispy.

For crispy cookies that have started to get soggy, make them crispy again by placing them on a cookie sheet and heating in the oven at 300°F (150 C) for 3 or 4 minutes.

Smile, I hope this information helps you out.

Take care and happy baking.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

smile 12-22-2004 @ 11:21 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank U Ms. D for replying right away to my questions. I still have a lot of questions pa actually right now im studying culinary cooking n baking n i want to develop more in patisserie. I hope you will help me more. God Bless u always.

Smile

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts