Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Tiramisu Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Tiramisu -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Oppss 03-31-2004 @ 10:45 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Diana,

I have been visiting your website for quite a long time.  However, I just never get to post you anything on the Forum.  I really like your site, please keep up the good work!!   Playful

I have a few questions regarding the Tiramisu recipe on your website.  Do we have to use the glass baking dish to make Tiramisu?  Can I use other aluminium baking pan for this?

I think making a 9 x 13 inch Tiramisu is a bit too much.  Besides, I don't have such a big glass dish also.  I am wondering if I can cut the recipe into half?  Do I just divide everything by 2 or is there any special tips you want to share when reducing the recipe?

Hope you can help answering these questions.

Thank you very much!!  
Smile

diana 04-01-2004 @ 7:14 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Oppss,

Thank you for visiting Diana's Desserts Discussion Forum and welcome!

Also, thank you for the nice compliments on Diana's Desserts website.

As far as making the Tiramisu in a metal pan, that is fine. It just looks nicer and prettier if you can make it in a glass or ceramic dish.

Yes, I would suggest cutting the recipe ingredients in half (although you may need the extra lady fingers, but you will see) and make it in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or metal pan.

Please let me know how it turns out. One tip for you when making the Tiramisu. Make sure you use good quality Mascarpone Cheese. That really makes a difference. Which recipe are you going to try, as there are at least 2 of them on my website, that I know of. One was submitted by a guest to the website and she lives in Italy, so her Tiramisu recipe is quite authentic.

Good Luck, and I definitely would like to know how it turned out.

Take care.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Oppss 04-01-2004 @ 8:29 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did not even realize that there are actually two more Tiramisu recipes in the Guest Recipe Book section.  Playful  I think I am going to try the one you posted, cutting the recipe ingredients in half.  I just happen to have all the ingredients needed for that recipe, even the Marsala wine.

My original plan was to try it out this weekend.  However, I think I will have to delay the plan as I will be going out of town.  I will sure let you know how it turns out.   Wink

Thank you very much.

Oppss

TeckPoh 04-14-2004 @ 7:28 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Just wanted to put in, that I've tried the tiramisu recipe (I think the one Oppss is referring to) again and again, because it's so lovely. The beauty of it is no eggs (raw or otherwise) are required; so no fear of salmonella poisoning.

warm regards,TeckPoh

Haibara45 04-20-2023 @ 2:19 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

riuriuya 07-25-2023 @ 7:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

pharmacy 08-22-2023 @ 5:09 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

andersonsms212 08-30-2023 @ 5:06 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Malley 09-07-2023 @ 12:09 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

xeniduai 11-22-2023 @ 9:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts