Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / madeleine Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: madeleine

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

ock 12-19-2003 @ 1:47 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
i tried yr recipe for choco madeleine but i have problem pouring the cake mixture into the tin. yr recipe called for the mixture (both the portion that has been poured into the tin and the portion left in the mixing bowl pending for baking) to be kept in the frdige for an hour, when i get the unused mixture from the fridge for baking, the mixture has hardened (i guess it is due to the melted butter being hardened again) and i can't get it into the tin and i am supposed to fill it to 2/3 full... pls advise what i can do. thx

ock

diana 12-19-2003 @ 8:44 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi ock,

I would suggest, first of all, you need to SPOON the madeleine batter into the molds, as with this particular recipe, the batter will be too thick to pour into the molds.

Secondly, if the batter has hardened in the refrigerator, then don't refrigerate the batter at all, instead just leave the remaining batter out (as long as it's not too hot in your kitchen, or as long as it's not for a real long time). Just bake the madeleines one batch after another, not refrigerating the batter at all. Please let me know how this worked for you, ok.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts