|Jillpeck||-- 03-17-2005 @ 10:56 PM|
Looking for a cake that has some Bailey's Irish Creme in it, like a moist pound cake, I think. Recipe was on a TV news show, Mr. Food. Unable to find.
Jill S. Peck
|diana||-- 03-18-2005 @ 10:41 AM|
Here is the recipe you're looking for from Mr. Food:
Irish Cream Cake
Makes 12-16 servings
1 cup chopped pecans
1 package (18.5 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 package (4-serving-size) instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup water, divided
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Irish cream liqueur, divided
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, 1/4 cup water, the vegetable oil, and 3/4 cup liqueur. Beat with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes. Pour the batter over the nuts in the pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and remaining 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; remove mixture from the heat and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup liqueur.
5. With a fork, prick holes in the top of the cake and pour the glaze over the cake. After the glaze soaks into the cake, invert the cake onto a serving platter and pour any remaining glaze from the pan over the cake. Let cool completely then cover lightly until ready to serve.
If you are looking for any other Mr. Foood recipes, here is his website:
Take care and hope you continue to enjoy my website and drop by often.
|Diana's Desserts Forum :||http://www.dianasdesserts.com/website/forum|