4 to 5 fresh mangoes
50gm sago pearls (small)
Fine sugar (caster sugar or fine granulated sugar)
1 to 2 tbsp. coconut/condensed milk (optional)
1. Blend half of the mangoes with 1 to 2 cups of water and fine sugar until smooth and keep it in the freezer until it becomes semi-hard.
2. Cut the remaining half of the mangoes into small cubes about 2cm thick. Set aside.
3. Cook the sago pearls with 2 cups of water until it becomes clear.
4. Put the mango puree into the blender to blend it into a sandy texture.
5. Pour the mango puree into a bowl, add in the cooked sago pearls and sugar syrup.
6. To serve, top with the fresh mango cubes and coconut/condensed milk.
Makes 4-5 servings.
Source: Dessert served for my wedding dinner 8 years ago
Submitted By: Geraldine Loh
Date: April 26, 2010