1 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp. Amaretto liqueur (or you may use orange juice if desired)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 (7-8 ounce) can almond paste
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
5 large eggs
8 ounces dairy sour cream
2 cups cranberries, picked over (if frozen do not thaw)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan with removable bottom.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl grate almond paste.
4. In a large bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar; beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, occasionally scrape down sides of bowl. Beat in almond paste and extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended. With spoon, stir in dried cranberries with liqueur and fresh cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 1 hour and 30 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool cake on wire rack for 1 hour. Run knife around cake to loosen from side and center of tube pan. Remove cake from center tube and complete cooling. If desired make a glaze with a bit of powdered sugar and amaretto.
Makes 12 servings.
Source: Family Favorite
Submitted By: Nikki Pals
Date: November 15, 2009