1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz./226g) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fine quality milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C. Lightly butter baking pan(s).
2. Mix the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs to the mixture and mix well.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together and then add it gradually to the butter mixture.
4. Add the chocolate chips and the chopped nuts (nuts are optional).
5. Shape your cookies as you like and place them on prepared baking pan(s).
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on wire rack.
Makes 60 cookies (approximately).
Submitted By: Maysah
Date: Augjust 25, 2009