2 cups cookie crumbs (such as crushed digestive biscuits, graham cracker crumbs, etc.)
2 tbsp. butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling:
3 packages (approximately 450g or 16 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups caster sugar or granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup maple syrup (you can use maple sauce, but you will need to reduce the sugar in the recipe)
1 cup crushed pecans
2 tbsp. plain flour (all-purpose flour)
Garnish with: (optional)
Whipped cream/and or pecans
Serve with: (optional)
Whipped Cream or Whipped Cream Flavoured with Golden Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/350 degrees F/Gas Mark 4.
For the Crust:
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture onto an 8-inch spring form baking tin. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
3. Beat softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
4. Add in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
5. Pour in maple syrup, then add the flour. Make sure you always scrape down the side of your mixing bowl to make sure you mix everything together. Lastly, add the crushed pecans.
6. Pour the cream cheese filling into the cookie crust. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until the center of cheesecake is just set. For the best results, use water bath technique.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Chill cheesecake in refrigerator overnight before serving.
If desired, garnish cheesecake with whipped cream or whipped cream flavoured with golden syrup and decorate top of cheesecake with pecans, then serve with maple syrup.
Makes 8 servings.
Photograph taken by Dina Kama ©2009
Source: Dina Kama (Recipe is my own invention)
Submitted By: Dina Kama
Date: May 16, 2009