For Oval Shaped Gulab Jamun:
2 cups nonfat dry milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Heavy Whipping Cream
Oil - For Frying
For Sugar Syrup:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
3 cups full cream milk powder
300ml thickened cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
For Gulab Jamun:
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Make the dough adding the heavy whipping cream.
3. Shape the Gulab Jamun into an oval shape.
4. Deep fry Gulab Jamun in oil.
For the Sugar Syrup:
5. Boil the water and sugar until it becomes a little thick.
6. Soak the Gulab Jamun in the syrup.
7. Let Gulab Jamun cool.
1. In a microwaveable bowl mix full cream milk powder, thickened cream and sweetened condensed milk.
2. Place the bowl in microwave oven on HIGH for 4-5 minutes, then stir the mixture and then microwave again on HIGH again for another 4-5 minutes.
3. Let Khoya cool.
Decorating the Khoya Gulab Jamun:
1. Cut the oval shaped Gulab Jamun into 3/4 inch pieces and fill each piece with Khoya mixture.
2. Sprinkle Gulab Jamun with pistachio/almond/cardamom powder (optional).
3. Delicious Khoya Gulab Jamun is ready to be served.
Submitted By: Ken Barrett