2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/4 cups all-purpose OR whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla essence (vanilla extract)
1/2 - 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf tin or a round 8-inch cake tin.
2. Beat eggs by hand or with an electric mixer until fluffy.
3. Add sugar and continue to beat until pale and fluffy.
4. Add in the vanilla.
5. Add the oil in a slow stream and continue beating until it is incorporated.
6. Fold in flour (that has been well sifted with the baking soda and baking powder so it is well combined) and chopped nuts into the egg/sugar/oil mixture.
7. Pour batter into prepared tin and bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes. When you test the center.. the tester should come out clean.
Makes 1 loaf (12 servings).
Source: My own
Submitted By: Rakhi Ravindran
Date: May 13, 2007