500g cream cheese, at room temperature
100g caster or granulated sugar
150g plain yogurt
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
20g corn flour (or cornstarch)
4 tablespoons lemon juice
For the Crust:
50g crushed digestive biscuits (or crushed graham crackers)
50g (1/2 stick/2 oz.) butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C/300 degrees F.
2. To Make the Crust:
Mix the crushed biscuits (or crushed graham crackers, if using) with the melted butter, until moist, then spread into the bottom of an 8-inch round or square springform pan. Set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer cream the sugar with the cream cheese.
4. Add the yogurt and mix well, until the mixture is fluffy.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the egg yolk and mix until well combined.
6. Add the cornflour, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well again for 30 seconds until the mixture is creamy.
7. Pour the batter into the pan, over the crust, then wrap the pan with aluminum foil and put it in a "water bath" in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Don't leave it too long or the surface will crack.
9. Remove from oven, and take cheesecake out of water bath, let cool, then remove cheesecake from the springform pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve cold with strawberry or blackberry jam.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Photograph taken by Alia Khalid ©2007
Source: a friend
Submitted By: Alia Khalid
Date: February 23, 2007